For pre visit information, please click here: covid guidance December 2021
Due to current restrictions in place, we are unable to accept cyclists, coffee-callers or walkers at this time.
Alternatively, call 01299 841255 to check availability for your day of visit. You may be able to pay at Reception if we have slots available.
By booking tickets online, you are confirming you have read and understood our covid-19 advice information above.
Admission Charges 2022 *-
|Child (1-15 years old)||£7.99|
|Family Ticket (2 adults and 2 children)
|Concession – this rate is relevant to the following:
|Under 1 year olds||Free|
- Please note these prices are relevant for Farm Visits only.
Extra admission charges apply for our Father Christmas Experience –
please visit the ‘Christmas’ tab on the Rays Farm Website for more information or click here.
Opening Dates and Times 2022
|Opening dates and times|
February 12th until 31st October
Week days: 10am-5.00pm (open Fridays in school holidays, closed Fridays during school term)
Weekends: 10am – 5.00pm.
Last entry 3pm.
- Ample hand washing and sanitising facilities
- Toilets and baby changing facilities
- Coffee Shop serving food and drink
- Free coach and car parking
- Gift shop and ice creams
- Outdoor picnic areas
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- School and groups welcome, please call for discounts
- Facilities for the less abled visitors
Woodland paths are not suitable for wheelchairs, pushchair accessible but not pushchair ‘friendly’)
- Card payments accepted in all areas
- Sorry, no dogs allowed except guide dogs
- Paths are steep in places
- Pushchair accessible but due to the terrain, not all areas are suitable for pushchair use
- Woodland paths may get muddy during/after wet weather, walking boots/wellingtons are advised
- Please note that we are smoke-free as it is a Family site; this includes the use of e-cigarettes and vapes
Rays Farm has undertaken a number of measures to ensure the attractions can be enjoyed by visitors with disabilities. These include:
- Disabled toilets
- Disabled parking near pay point
- Low-level displays
- Doorways to shops etc. extra wide and ramped
- Wheelchair wheel wash point
- Flagstone paths around owl pens
- Many steps in woodland replaced with grades
- Woodcarvings commissioned with high-relief to provide responsive touch for visually impaired
- Slotted picnic table provided to suit wheelchairs.
Grass pathways can be slippery during or after wet weather and it is recommended to wear suitable footwear with sturdy grip when walking in the wetter months.
Some woodland paths are steep, but handrails are provided.
Mythical Woods has steps and a steep incline making it unsuitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
1. Please obey all the safety notices around the farm and also the advice of our staff at all times.
2. Wash your own hands thoroughly before you supervise the washing of children’s hands. Please use the soap, water and paper towels provided at the hand washing stations, following contact with animals, after playing on the play equipment and before eating, drinking or smoking, and before leaving the farm.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly at home, after removing dirty clothes, shoes or boots that have been worn at the farm. Any soiled clothes should be washed immediately on your return home.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Please see the following links regarding the Code of Practice and Health and Safety Advice at farm attractions.
Health and Safety advice for the public: http://www.farmattractions.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Mead-HS-leaflet.pdf