This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Located off the B4363, 8 miles from Bridgnorth and 7 miles from Cleobury Mortimer, Rays Farm offers a high quality “hands on” fun and learning experience for all ages and abilities.
Rays Farm has indoor and outdoor attraction areas/farm buildings/visitor areas and you should allow at approximately 3 hours for your visit, but this can depend on the weather and the age of children. All buildings have step free access.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are on hand should you require any assistance. We look forward to welcoming you.
If you have any queries, require any assistance or further access information, please phone 01299 841255 or email email@example.com
- Please do NOT follow the Satnav as this will take you to the wrong location, follow Google Maps instead. Please use the postcode WV16 6PR. Coordinates are: 52.446527, -2.422713. For full details and maps of how to reach us, please see the Directions section of our website.
- A clearly worded leaflet is available and distributed via various outlets including Supermarkets, Tourist Information Centres, Hotels and other venues. The leaflet describes all attractions, contact and directional details and web address information.
- Please have your pre-booked E-Ticket to show at Reception on arrival.
- Our staff members are available for any information before your arrival and can be contacted by telephone or email.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Car Parking is free at Rays Farm.
- As the entrance lane to Rays Farm is a minor lane off the B4363, advance signs are located on this road to prevent hard vehicle braking. In a similar manner, a prominent notice is displayed to advise that the next left turning is into the car park. A separate sign advises all disabled visitors to park near the admission entrance, where there is reserve parking. This will reduce walking distance.
- At busier times, visitors may need to park on the overflow parking area which is grass.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- Rays Farm is open from 10.30am to 5pm, 6 days a week (closed Fridays).
- The Reception Entrance is situated on a raised platform, with an easy access ramp, or steps leading up to Reception.
- There are safety barriers by the side of the ramp to provide extra support for visitors
- The floor surface in Reception is anti-slip tiles.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and natural daylight.
- Entry fees are discounted for concessions (including adults 60+, disabled adults and carers).
- There are 2 toilet blocks located around the farm – one within the Reception Area and the other on the Courtyard.
- An accessible unisex/disabled toilet with baby changing is located within the level Reception Area, and also on the Courtyard.
- There is an easy access Ramp leading up to the unisex disabled toilet on the Courtyard.
- The toilets are well lit with natural and overhead lights.
- Hand Washing Facilities are located in the toilet blocks
- There are lever taps on the sinks in the Reception, and twist taps in the Courtyard toilet block.
- The Coffee Shop is located on the tarmacked Courtyard and each room has either step free level access or ramped access.
- Tables within Coffee Shop are well spaced apart with a mixture of upright chairs.
- Various picnic benches are located on the Courtyard, including a disabled picnic table.
- Ice Creams can be purchased in the Gift Shop – next door to the Coffee Shop. Lighting in all areas is a mix of natural daylight and overhead lighting.
- Our food is UK sourced from local supplies where possible. We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance of your visit to check any specific requests you may have.
- Large font menus are available.
- The nearest toilets are located on the Courtyard opposite the Coffee Shop and Gift Shop.
- There is a Gift Shop with a range of souvenirs, gifts, etc which is accessed via a step-free entrance.
- There are 2 steps through the Coffee Shop Kitchen. Wheelchair/pushchair users can access the seating in the indoor area from an alternative entrance.
- There is ample room within the Gift Shop for a wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- Many items are at low level and accessible from a seated position.
Staff can offer assistance if required.
Woodland Walks and Outdoor Areas
- Outdoor areas at Rays Farm are either accessed by tarmac paths or grass pathways. The farmyard itself is tarmacked.
- Grass pathways lead down to the Woodland Walks and are steep, they undulate/may be uneven underfoot.
- Visitors with pushchairs are advised at Reception the best route through the Woodlands as some areas of the Woods (i.e. Mythical Woods) have steps and therefore need to be avoided. Fairytale Forest (a half mile return walk) is accessible for Pushchairs.
- People who are fit and well can explore the Mythical Woods and Fairytale Forest
- Wheelchair users are advised not to explore the Woodland Walks due to steep and undulating paths.
- Some paths are steep and slippery during and after wet weather.
- There are wooden benches and picnic tables at various points around the farm.
- The Goat Paddock is open to visitors. At Reception, visitors are made aware of the rules regarding entering the Goat Paddock. In addition, there are 2 signs on the Paddock Gates detailing health and safety guidelines.
- Pushchairs users are advised at Reception to not enter the Goat Paddock with pushchairs as the pushchairs may carry food debris.
- Wheelchair users can enter the Goat Paddock as Rays Farm likes to encourage as many visitors as possible to experience petting the Goats.
- Rays Farm is a completely NO SMOKING area. A designated smoking area is available on the Car Park.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at Rays Farm.
- First Aid boxes are available in the Coffee Shop and Reception and trained First Aiders are onsite to provide assistance.
Address: Rays Farm, Billingsley, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV16 6PR
Telephone: 01299 841255
Hours of Operation: 10.30am-5pm.